SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2013
Join us for the 20th Annual Habitat Road Race! All proceeds from the race will be used to fund Mt Bethel's 33rd Habitat home.
Start Time: 5K – 8:00 AM | 1 Mile Fun Run – 9:00 AM | Habitot Trot (age 5 and under) to follow
Race Day Activities: Warm up with DJ Bill Hassell | Music | Silent Auction | Moonbounce | Refreshments | Awards Ceremony
About the Course: Flat and fast - excellent opportunity for a personal best. Families, strollers and walkers encouraged, please start behind runners.
Start/Finish: In front of Mt. Bethel Christian Activities Center at 4385 Lower Roswell Road Marietta, GA 30068
Parking: Ample parking available on Mt. Bethel campus.
Packet Pick-Up: 4:30-7:00pm on Wed, October 2nd and Fri, October 4th, 6:30am on race day in the Mt. Bethel CAC (downstairs in gym). The first 500 runners to pick up their packets will receive a technical t-shirt (adult sizes only). All others will receive quality cotton shirts.
Awards: 5K: Top Overall – Male and Female, Top Overall Masters – Male and Female, Top Three – Male and Female in 13 age Groups (includes 10 and under) | 1 Mile: Top Three Male and Female in 4 age groups ages 6 to 12 | Habitot Trot: Ribbons to all finishers!
This year there will be a silent auction held in the CAC! Bid on items such as restaurant gift cards, gift baskets, cookware, yardwork vouchers and more! All proceeds go towards the 33rd Habitat for Humanity home build.
The Habitat Road Race is now a Peachtree Road Race qualifier!
(USATF certification code #GA12047WC)
Mt. Bethel will begin construction of our 33rd Habitat Home this fall. Volunteers are needed to help build the home and to provide lunches for the volunteers. No construction experience is needed. There will be a Site Project Manager and Crew Leaders on site to answer questions and to provide instruction. There are 13 volunteer dates to choose from. You can volunteer for one day or more as your schedule permits. Volunteers perform the following tasks: exterior and interior framing of the home, installing windows and doors, insulation, siding, exterior and interior painting, and landscaping. Plan to join us at the build for a fun and rewarding experience! Contact Mary Henkel for more information.
- Saturday Sept 7 Exterior Framing
- Tuesday Sept 10 Interior Framing OSB
- Wednesday Sept 11 Windows & Doors
- Thursday Sept 12 Siding
- Friday Sept 13 Siding & Exterior Painting
- Saturday Sept 14 Siding & Exterior Painting
- Saturday Sept 21 Insulation
- Monday Oct 7 Interior Doors & Trim
- Tuesday Oct 8 Interior Caulk & Paint
- Wednesday Oct 9 Interior Painting
- Thursday Oct 10 Columns, Soffit, Fascia
- Friday Oct 11 Finish Painting
- Saturday Oct 12 Landscaping, Cleanup
The house will be dedicated on Saturday, October 26. Everyone is invited to this celebration.
Site Project Manager
Dennis Henkel, 770-349-5472, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Henkel, 770-953-3354, email@example.com
To Provide Lunch for the Volunteers
Sue Stone, 770-977-3272, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Become a Habitat Road Race sponsor (personal or business)
- Participate in the Habitat Road Race on Oct 5, 2013
- Give a donations via cash or credit card to:
Mt. Bethel UMC
4385 Lower Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30068
For: Habitat for Humanity
- Cards can be sent to someone you wish to honor: In Memory of, In Honor of, Birthday, Anniversary, Special Occasion, Graduation
- Habitat coin banks (available at Mt. Bethel): Save your change for Habitat!
- Volunteer for the build
- Provide lunch or refreshments for volunteer builders
Ashley O'Neil: 770-314-0130
John Hanley: 404-805-6765
Pam Skelton: 770-971-6657